The Amplifier Research (AR) FL7018 Laser Powered E-Field Probe, 3 MHz - 18 GHz is a smart, fast, extremely accurate electric field probe that contains an internal microprocessor to provide linearization, temperature compensation, control, and communication functions. Noise reduction and temperature compensation allow accurate measurements down to 1 V/m without zero adjustment. Microprocessor based linearization technology provides a 60 dB dynamic range. When rotated about its magic angle mount, the probe provides isotropic response of +1 dB to 8 GHz.
The AR FL7018 is laser powered to allow for continuous operation without recharging or battery replacement.
The AR FL7018 communicates through glass fiber optic cables, up to 100 meters long, to the FI7000 interface. X, Y, Z, and isotropic readings can be returned through an AR FI7000 in 20 msec
Amplifier Research (AR) FL7018 Features:
- 1 V/m to 1,000 V/m
- +/- 1.8 dB Flatness
- Laser powered so there is absolutely no concern of ever running out of battery power in the middle of that all important test
- Small size permits the use of these probes in small spaces like TEM cells and the reduced size is less disruptive to the RF field
- Spherical housing yields a uniform interaction with the RF field resulting in an improvement in the isotropic response
- User friendly interfaces with the FM7004 field monitor and/or VM7000 virtual monitor software
- Four levels of unequaled laser safety in order to meet laser safety regulations and fully protect the user from injury
- Rugged design to withstand the rigors of the typical EMC test facility
- Multiple computer interface options: USB, IEEE-488 (GPIB), RS-232 (serial), Fiber-Optic Serial
- Automatic Temperature compensation
Amplifier Research (AR) FL7018 Equipment List:
- Model FL7018 Probe with carrying case and Calibration Report from an A2LA-accredited lab
- Model FI7000 Probe Interface
- Model FC7010 Fiber Optic Cable set for FL7000 Series probes, 10 meters
- Model MA7000 Fiber Optic Mating Adapter Set
Note: FM7004A is recommended for local monitoring and control.